The Suzhou Municipal Government is organizing the 2021 edition of the “Win the Future” Venture Contest for International Entrepreneurs (France division) on June 4. It aims to create an entrepreneurship and innovation platform for high-potential talents and projects from overseas and attract them to settle and develop in Suzhou, China. This year, SKEMA Business School is a co-organizer of the event.
Started in 2011, the contest’s objective is to help innovative entrepreneurs start their business in Suzhou. Suzhou as a pioneer created the Suzhou International Elite Venture Week platform for this purpose. Based on the theme of gathering global wisdom and creating a paradise for startups, the event has obtained a great reputation across the world and gathered thousands of talents globally. It assists these talents in achieving their dream of innovation and entrepreneurship.
As of 2020, the contest has successfully held 9 sessions of 58 events, covering more than 40 countries and regions across the world, including the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Israel, Japan, Australia, Singapore, etc., attracting more than 6,200 project entries and a total of more than 28,000 talents to participate in on-site activities. It has successfully helped many talented entrepreneurs to settle in Suzhou and create large businesses. It has formed an international event brand with global coverage, industry focus, distinctive features, and multiple advantages.
About the contest
To better integrate France’s scientific research technology and Suzhou’s humanistic entrepreneurial environment, “Win the Future” Venture Contest for International Entrepreneurs (France division) 2021 is scheduled to be held from April to June 2021. This inaugural startup pitch competition aims to strengthen the innovative interaction between China and France to better serve potential projects and enterprises within Suzhou.
In the past, the success of the event in France has resulted in more than 50 startups that have settled and grown in China and France. It has promoted the combination of technology, creativity, and capital, and helped entrepreneurs in China and France to realize their dreams. The contest has helped many high-level French talents and excellent projects to successfully settle in Suzhou and win the title of “Leading Talents” program.
Sponsors: Suzhou Municipal Government, Suzhou Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, Suzhou International Elite Venture Week Alliance
Organizers: Suzhou Overseas (France) Incubation Center, CFSF (Commune d’études Sino-Française)
Co-organizers: SKEMA Business School, ACECE (Association des Chinois à l’Etranger pour la création d’ Entreprise)
Guidance: The Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the Republic of France Science and Technology Section
(A) The participant (Individual or Team)
1. Master’s degree or above; undertaken major scientific research projects in China; entrepreneurial experience or relevant work experience is preferred.
2. Under 55 years of age (born after January 1, 1966), in good health, with no bad credit or illegal records; the age limit may be appropriately relaxed for those with particularly good conditions.
3. Master the core technology of the project, have the ownership or right to use the patent of the project, the project is innovative, has good market prospects and economic benefits.
4. The project has not yet settled in Suzhou during the registration stage and intends to settle in Suzhou within one year after the competition to start an innovative business.
(B) Industrial fields of the participating projects
The projects must focus on new-generation information technology, biomedicine, nanotechnology, artificial intelligence and other leading industrial direction, or belong to new materials, new energy, biotechnology and medicine, smart grid, service outsourcing, equipment manufacturing, opto-electronics, integrated circuits and software, modern communications, energy conservation, and environmental protection and other areas of “neck” technology range, and data economy. Or, in the fields of transportation, civil engineering and construction, culture and art, etc.
Registration deadline: April 30, 2021 – Two online communication sessions are expected to be held in mid to late April: Q&A and training
Deadline for business plan: May 10, 2021
French Division Finals: June 4, 2021 (Online pitch in Suzhou and France)
(A) French Division
- One first prize, 1 winner, 30,000 RMB (around 3,900 euros) per project; Two second prizes, 2 winners, 20,000 RMB (around 2,600 euros) per project; Three third prizes, 3 winners, 10,000 RMB (around 1,300 euros) per project.
- Winners of “Win the Future” Venture Contest for International Entrepreneurs (France division) will automatically be enrolled as candidates for the global finals held in Suzhou, China in July 2021 directly.
- The first-prize winner of the competition (France Division) enjoys the following policies on the premise of meeting the conditions of the Gusu Leading Talents Program. The second and third prize winners can appropriately break the limit of age, education, and other restrictions. Also, they can directly apply for the Gusu Leading Talents Program and the Angel Project, which provide 50,000-100,000 RMB entrepreneurship grants and 200,000-500,000 RMB project funding. This green channel is retained for 1-2 years with the winning projects.
(B) Global Finals
- One First prize, 1 winner, 100,000 RMB (around 12500euros) /project; Two Second prizes, 3 winners, 50,000 RMB (around 6250 euros) /project; Three Third prizes, 4 winners, 20,000 RMB (around 2600 euros) / project; Winning prize,6 winners, 10,000 RMB (around 1300 euros).
- The first-prize winner of the global finals (held in Suzhou in July 2021), the second and third prize winners who have received an investment of more than 10,000,000 RMB, can be directly entitled Gusu Leading Talents and have the relevant policy and financial support. The second and third prize winner can directly attend the Gusu Leading Talents Program Interview.
- The winning projects will be recommended to the competition’s partner (related) venture capital institutions and receive priority loan credit support from the competition’s partner banks.
- During the global finals, the participants will enjoy differential transportation allowance and free accommodation and food during their stay in Suzhou in accordance with the treatment of guests of Suzhou International Elite Entrepreneurship Week.
Please fill out this form to proceed with the application process: https://jinshuju.net/f/yKXIdI
- Website of the contest: sinnovfr.com
- WeChat public number of the contest: ASETE
- Consultation WeChat: +86 18939711669
- Telephone: + 86 18939711669