To help student entrepreneurs at our Raleigh campus strengthen their business idea, SKEMA Ventures is organizing a three-day Bootstrap workshop from October 25 to 27.
The objective of the workshop is to help participants in getting their business projects off the ground. During the workshop, SKEMA Ventures coaches will help you to design an attractive value proposition of your business idea for customers, identify the right business model to support it, and practice how to pitch your venture to investors and stakeholders, among other things. The coaching will be provided in English.
After the workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the key determinants of the entrepreneurial mindset
- Use the tools and methods of business modelling
- Pitch the business plan in front of professional stakeholders to provide a clear, short, and valuable understanding of their value proposition and business model
The last date to register for the workshop is October 20.
Since only a limited number of places are available for the Bootstrap Raleigh workshop, please register at the earliest. The first-come, first-serve policy applies. For more information, please contact Professor Mitch Weisberg (Raleigh campus): firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 12:30 – 13:00: Kick-off and introduction of the BOOTSTRAP
- 13:00 – 14:30: Pitch your entrepreneurial idea
- 14:45 – 15:15: Defining the value proposition
- 15:15 – 17.30: Practice and coaching
Day 1 Deliverables: First draft of the Value Proposition slides18:30 – 20:30: Dinner with Entrepreneur Guest
- 8.30 – 9:30: Pitches of the value proposition
- 9.30 – 10:00: From the value proposition to the business model
- 10:15 – 1:00: Practice and coaching
Free time for lunch
- 14:00 – 14:45: Testimonial from an entrepreneur
- 14:45 – 18:30: Practice and coaching (cont.)
Day 2 Deliverables: Fine-tuned business model
- 8:30 – 9:00: Setup and Coffee
- 9:00 – 9:15: Welcome jury members
- 9:15 – 12:00: Final pitch of the business plan in front of the online jury
- 12:00 – 12:30: Feedback from the jury
- 12:30 – 12:45: Wrap-up and seminar conclusion with box lunches